What is it?
The liebster award is an award for bloggers who have under 200 followers – and I was lucky enough to be nominated by the lovely Lola!
This award allows up and coming bloggers to network effectively and find each other in the ever growing blog-sphere. “Liebster” is also a German word which translates to sweet, kind, nice and all those happy, feel good connotations.
Here are the Guidelines for this Award:
1. You have to link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
2. You must answer all 11 Liebster questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. You have to nominate another 11 bloggers who have under 200 followers to pass the award onto.
4. You have to come up with 11 other questions for your nominees.
5. You have to notify the bloggers whom you have nominated.
6. Some bloggers can also include 11 random facts about themselves, but this is optional.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I am South African born, of Indian descent and I currently reside in New Zealand
2. I take my tea, no sugar and with a little milk
3. I dated my now husband for 7 1/2 years before we got married. We have now been together for 8 years
4. If I eat something sweet, I have to have a cup of tea to wash it down
5. I have a tattoo with my husbands name on my lower right back in a Celtic heart
6. I absolute love food. But I do not eat any seafood (except for plain old fish)
7. I didn’t eat pork for 14 years on a whim – I broke that a couple months back when I ate bacon. Bacon is now the exception to not eating pork.
8. I am very nice, but I’m also very short tempered and a no-nonsense personality
9. I started doing freelance make-up in 2008
10. I still love the Backstreet Boys
11. My new favourite colour is pink. My all time favourite colour is gold
1. What’s the best bargain item you’ve ever had?
The best bargain item is definitely my brown/tan tank top with detail on it – it was on sale for $5.00 and when I went to the counter – it was $2.00!!! When I wore it the next day, everyone was like that’s a really pretty top 🙂 Proof that you don’t need to spend a fortune to look good 🙂
2. Are you careful with your pennies or an impulsive shopper?
Absolutely impulsive. I buy first and think later – my wallet cried when I start looking at things online especially.
3. What’s your pride and joy product/clothing/accessory?
My MOR marshmallow handcream. I absolutely love it – the scent makes me happy and it really moisturises my hands and makes them feel soft.
4. What’s your morning Beauty regimen?
I’m usually really rushed in the morning (I know I should be more organised). But I literally just wash my face with my face wash and put on my Mum’s Secret moisturiser and some lip balm.
5. If you could only have 3 beauty products what would they be?
They would likely be my Maybelline baby lips balm, eye-liner and mascara
6. What’s in your hand bag?
Pen, Ipad Mini, Wallet, Phone, my cosmetics bag and a variety of different lip products and pieces of paper
7. What’s your pet peeve when it comes to beauty/fashion?
I really don’t like when girls wear a tonne of foundation that’s a shade too dark/light and doesn’t match their neckline. It doesn’t look right. You shouldn’t wear foundation that looks like you can scrape it off with a finger nail.
8. What/who made you start blogging ?
I needed a creative outlet to put all my beauty/fashion experience and ideas into and blogging seemed to be a great start and I’ve been hooked on it ever since I started
9. What do you have on your desk when you’re blogging?
I have my cup of tea or a bottle of water.
10. What’s your advice to fellow bloggers?
Don’t conform to what you think you should do – Always blog in your own unique style and about things that make you happy. Blogging is a hobby, not a job so you should always have fun and experiment with your post topics and ideas. It’s really important to enjoy yourself.
11. What’s your day job?
I currently supervise a team of media researchers and our client services team for a well known media company.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award are:
Liebster Questions for My Nominations:
1. What is your favourite food?
2. What’s your favourite beauty product?
3. What’s one beauty peeve that really gets to you?
4. What’s your morning beauty routine?
5. How did you start blogging and why?
6. Dogs or cats?
7. Are you an impulsive shopper or do you think before you buy?
8. What do you like most about the blogging community?
9. Biggest fashion inspiration?
10. Who is your role model in life?
11. The best thing you love about blogging?
Thanks to Lola again for my nomination! And I can’t wait to see you guys pass the baton on too 🙂