DIY Face masks are THE best. Why? The real question is why not, but let’s indulge the why first before I lose you.
- They are very cheap and easy to make using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry/fridge
- They are all natural. Yes, this means no harsh chemicals and no irritants on your skin
- There is a home-made facial remedy for almost every skin issue you could have
If you have not already tried it out. You should. The occasional hundreds of $$ spent at a beauty spa is okay but when you can easily pamper yourself at home and spend the money on things like makeup and fashion essentials…well need I say more?
Follow me on my diy facial mask discovery and try and create some on your own. Today’s post is one that I know a lot of people out there struggle with so I really hope this post series is helpful.
Acne Scars/Mild Acne (Indian Remedy):
You will need: Tumeric Powder & Milk
Mix the tumeric and milk together until you reach the desired consistency. Apply to your face (avoiding the eye area). Leave on for 30min. Wash of the paste carefully with warm water. Finally, use a cotton wool and a liquid toner to remove the left over paste from your face (this removes any of the orangey/yellow colour that can transfer onto your skin).
Tumeric is used as a key ingredient due to its medicinal properties, specifically anti inflammatory which has been used to treat skin conditions, liver disorders and even wounds. The active ingredient in tumeric is curcumin which has very strong anti oxidant properties.
Couple some of these ingredients with tumeric to achieve some magic results:
– Lime juice + tumeric = natural facial whitener
Wash off after 15 min with water (DO NOT user soap – as this will nullify the therapeutic results of the paste)
Can be used daily
– Hazelnut Oil + Tumeric = good for oily skin/as an astringent
– Almond Oil + Tumeric = softening, conditioning and soothing remedy
– Avocado Oil + Tumeric = Good for eczema treatment and psoriasis
Did I not tell you DIY face masks are awesome? I’ll be doing a lovely little post on getting your Christmas glow on with a tumeric recipe for Bright & Glowing Skin tomorrow.
Hope you beautyliscious babes enjoyed this post! Remember to subscribe and comment 🙂