Hi Beautiful People!
With the festive season now over and being well into the New Year, I’m sure many of you (along with me) have made some interesting New Years Resolutions. A common one is the “Lose Weight” resolution, am I right?
This salad recipe combines some of my favourite food characteristics: Easy to prepare, Taste, Flavour, Healthy & Nutritious, and did I mention taste? YUM! My husband, who usually does not like salads of any kind actually asked me if I was sure it was healthy because it tasted far too good! Tempted yet?
I got this recipe off the box of couscous with the only change being my addition of the chicken stock cube.
You can enjoy this guilt free salad as a snack or as a lunch/dinner recipe and it’s versatile enough for you to add your own favourite salad ingredients like olives or walnuts/almonds.
- 1 cup Wholegrain CousCous
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/4 cucumber (diced)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1x Chicken Stock Cube
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2x Garlic Cloves
- Feta Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- 1 can chickpeas (washed)
1. Cook the couscous as per instructions. Add 1x cube of chicken stock to water to add more flavour.
2. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and chickpeas to the cooked couscous and mix well.
3. Blend together 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil, 1/4 cup of Lemon Juice and 2 Cloves of crushed garlic. Drizzle over the couscous and mix.
4. Place handful (or according to your own taste) of diced feta cheese on top of salad.
Serve Cold/Room temperature.
Easy Peasy and Delicious! This is my new favourite vegetarian dish that will be incorporated into my diet plan.